Sometimes, a bite or two of wisdom can go a long way. That is especially true when it comes to customer service quotes. Not the numbers, dollars per month, kind of quotes, but the other, more fun ones. The ones that ring so true, we feel something move inside.
The days of customer service agents bring ups and downs. Difficult customers, complicated issues, and repetitive tasks can lead to agent burnout. That is why it’s important to keep things light and remember the goal of customer service – to serve customers.
And so, we’ve created a quick inspirational resource. It’s a collection of wisdom bits from experts in various areas. They reflect customer service culture as well as give reminders of what works best for customers. Some of our favorite customer service quotes we found touched on the topics we often explore on our customer experience blog. And so we expanded on each one and added relevant links. Make sure to click on the links to learn more on these common customer experience points.
20 Great Customer Experience Quotes from CX Experts
1. “It is not your customer’s job to remember you, it is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you.” Patricia Fripp, Professional Keynote Speaker.
This goes hand in hand with the idea of providing something memorable and unique to every customer. The foundation for customer loyalty lies in the magic behind the exceptional customer experience with a company.
Learn to Get Wacky With It: Make Your Customer Experience Memorable with our guest speaker, Chip Bell.
2. “You are serving a customer, not a life sentence. Learn how to enjoy your work.” Laurie McIntosh, Business Training Works.
We get it, customer service is not easy. Helping customers solve problems day in and day out can be draining. We’ve put together a guide to help you fight agent burnout: How to Motivate Contact Center Agents: Lessons From Kindergarten. Follow along with the clever poem by Robert Fulghum and get some advice on agent experience and life.
3. “To the customer, you are the company.” Shep Hyken, Customer Experience Speaker.
Not much to say beyond these wise words. Except we’d like to introduce one of our favorite CX experts, Shep Hyken. Check out our interview with Shep. We talk Lombardi Time and why it’s a “be amazing or go home” situation in the customer experience field. Awesome customer service is not a bonus, but a necessity in any business.
4. “The greatest technology in the world hasn’t replaced the ultimate relationship-building tool between a customer and a business – the human touch.” Shep Hyken
As a customer service communications company, we know the true value of human customer service interactions. Personal Customer Service through Human Communication is an overview of how the human element in customer service will always be important.
People no longer compare you just to your direct competitors. They compare you to the positive experiences they’ve had with companies in any industry!— Shep Hyken (@Hyken) February 22, 2021
6. “Every client you keep is one less that you need to find.” Nigel Sanders, Dispute Litigator.
7. “Customers who are merely satisfied remain your customers only as long as everything goes their way.”Chip Bell
Customer loyalty is crucial to the success of a company. New clients are more expensive to attract than it is to retain existing ones. The Art Maintaining Customer Loyalty is a great read on the topic. It shows how quality customer service is key to the customers’ success.
8. “Customers will never love a company until the employees love it first.” Simon Sinek, author and speaker.
Employee satisfaction is crucial in the workplace. Unhappiness, just as happiness, is contagious. Ensure employee experience is on point and see it spread to your customer experience. The Link Between Employee and Customer Retention shows how employee satisfaction is everything. Great employee engagement is a huge opportunity. Your brand’s reputation depends on it.
9. “In a world where products and services are becoming more and more commoditized, customer experience is the only true differentiator.” Annette Franz, Founder, and CEO of CX Journey Inc.
Many products and services satisfy the same consumer needs in the same way. The only way to stand out is to Beat the Competition with Customer Experience Strategies.
10. “The most dangerous customers aren’t your haters; they are the ‘meh’ in the middle, the dissatisfied customers who don’t take the time to complain.” Jay Baer | CEO of Convince & Convert and best-selling author of six business books.
11. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.
Winning companies understand the key role of customer feedback. Negative feedback as well as positive is extremely valuable. Every bad service and bad experience leaves room for improvement. With your team’s motivation and right attitude meeting customer expectations can lead to immediate profit. A broken customer relationship can be repaired with a few steps toward improvement. Customer service training should include feedback collection. Get your customers to tell you what is right with their service and what is wrong. Read, Ways to Get Customer Feedback.
12. “It’s not the customer’s job to know what they want.” Steve Jobs, former CEO of Apple.
13. “The customer is often wrong, but it’s our job to help them become right.” Jeff Toister, CX Expert.
14. “Great customer service doesn’t mean that the customer is always right, it means that the customer is always honored.” Chris LoCurto, entrepreneur, speaker, and coach.
Whether your customer is wrong or right, the customer service team has to find a way to solve the problem and have the customers leave happy. We go as far as to say some customers are just plain dumb in the article with a title that says just as much: Bad Enough that Customers Aren’t Always Right…What If Your Customers Are Just Plain Dumb? (Don’t worry. We stay nice.)
15. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” Seth Godin, author and former dot com business executive.
16. Donald Peterson, former CEO of Ford Motor Company, said, “If we are not customer-driven, our cars won’t be either.” “Sales without Customer Service is like stuffing money into a pocket full of holes.” – David Tooman
Whatever service you provide or the product your sell, customer-centric culture is a must across all departments of the company. Companies globally embrace and implement the idea that the customer comes first. We discuss this in our blog, The Rise of Customer Science.
With the spread of customer-first business principles, experts offer ideas on the topic. We gathered the best of Customer Experience Podcasts to learn what it takes to serve modern customers.
17. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel,” Maya Angelou, American Poet.
18. “Being heard is so close to being loved that for the average person, they are almost indistinguishable.” David Augsburger, American author.
19. “Words of comfort, skillfully administered, are the oldest therapy known to man, ”Louis Nizer, Lawyer.
One of the most important indicators of success is also one of the simplest ones – customers just feel good when they interact with a business. In Turn Customers into Brand Advocates, we implore ways to make the customers feel good.
10 Golden Rules of Customer Service shows ten ways to create satisfied customers and great business strategies. These Golden Rule behaviors lay out a path to creating meaningful relationships with your customers and turning them into your biggest advocates. That, in turn, leads to stronger links to your customer base in today’s competitive industry.
20. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” Charles Darwin, needs no introduction.
As far as motivational customer service quotes go, this one hits the nail on the head with its timeless advice. Customers change. Their expectations change. Technology changes. Change is the only constant. To provide excellent experiences and gain a critical competitive advantage, companies must be adaptive to change.
Beyond the customer service quotes
As we leave you with these customer service quotes, we hope they add a bit of inspiration to your day. What else can be a source of inspiration? Well, I’m glad you asked! LiveHelpNow customer service agents will be happy to help you with any customer communication needs you may have.